The LinkUp Blog The Industry's Best-Kept Secret
Apple’s Stealth Advertising Revenue
I am very curious to know if Apple is generating any revenue from app developers to promote their iPhone applications. I have to imagine that some apps are paying a large fee to be included in Apple’s full-page newspaper ads promoting the app store and the iPhone. If anyone has seen any articles or commentary on this, please post a comment.
Along those same lines, are apps paying any fees to be promoted in Apple stores? Again, the exposure for free and paid apps is extraordinary, and certainly worth a lot of money to the lucky few who are included in Apple’s prominent in-store promotion.
This is a recent picture from the Apple store on 5th avenue in New York. On a random Thursday night, there were at least 200 people in the store, and daily traffic has to be off the charts. Careerbuilder’s iPhone app is the only job board featured anywhere in the store.
- Should you mention unemployment in your LinkedIn tagline?
- January Job Gains Will Be YUGE! They’ll Be Bigger and Better Than Most Loser Economists Predict!
- How Uber’s labor model is changing talent-acquisition
- Snapchat: Is there value in it for the job seeker?
- Anatomy of the perfect employment application
- Alternative Advertising
- Daily Paper Death Toll
- Daily Papers
- Employment & Jobs Data
- Human Resources
- Job Boards
- Job Data
- Job Search Engines
- Jobs Newspapers
- Media & Job Board VC/M&A Deals
- Office Culture
- Online Advertising
- Recruitment Advertising
- Search Engines
- Shuttered Job Boards
- Social Media
- Trade Shows
- Why I Blog
- Working Poor