The LinkUp Blog The Industry's Best-Kept Secret
Mystery Buyer Acquires Standout Jobs
On his Instigator blog yesterday, Standout Jobs CEO Ben Yoskovitz announced that his company had been acquired, although the terms of the deal and the actual buyer were not disclosed. It will be interesting to see what details, if any, emerge in the near future, but the acquisition is further confirmation of the dominant trend in recruiting these days: A well-designed, interactive, candidate-friendly, rich-media corporate career portal has become the foundational component of leading employers’ recruiting strategies.
From that career portal platform, a company can generate strong organic and paid candidate flow, leverage social and mobile media with ease, and build a solid, proprietary community of candidates, while maintaining complete control over employment branding. Just as the web and mega job boards rendered the daily newspaper obsolete, the corporate career portal, when combined with job search engines and social media, will obliterate the traditional pay-to-post job board.
And it won’t take as long either.
- Fear: A warning of failure or a sign of approaching success?
- LinkUp April NFP Forecast of 248,000 Is Well Above Consensus Estimate In Bloomberg Survey
- Orange County insight: Will cool job numbers heat up in time for summer?
- LinkUp Forecasting April NFP of 248,000, Well-Above Consensus Estimates
- Easing back into work after parental leave is anything but easy
- Alternative Advertising
- Daily Paper Death Toll
- Daily Papers
- Employment & Jobs Data
- Human Resources
- Job Boards
- Job Data
- Job Search Engines
- Jobs Newspapers
- Media & Job Board VC/M&A Deals
- Office Culture
- Online Advertising
- Recruitment Advertising
- Search Engines
- Shuttered Job Boards
- Social Media
- Trade Shows
- Why I Blog
- Working Poor